Jun 09 2008
- Bob’s Red Mill 13 Bean mix – 1 cup
- Fresh/Frozen coconut – 1/2 cup
- Urad dal – 1/4 cup
- Rosematta Rice or Brown Rice – 1 cup (I used Rosematta)
- Turmeric – 1 tsp
- Red Chillies – 3
- Ginger – 1 inch piece
- Asafoetida – a pinch of
- Jeera – 1 tsp
- Curry Leaves – 6-8
- Soak rice, urad dal and beans overnight.
- Grind together with red chillies and ginger.
- Add the fine grated coconut, jeera. asafoetida, turmeric and curry leaves.
- Add some salt according to you taste.
- Make adai with the batter.
- Serve hot with peanut chutney.
These adais are packed with the goodness of beans, whole grains and fiber. Do give them a try if you are looking at new ways to incorporate beans in your diet.