Aug 06 2008
Here is a nice, relaxing, cool drink for summer time. I was researching about antioxidants the past few days and here is the net net: Tea is your best bet. Green tea/white tea even better. Berries are rich sources too but they are seasonal. Cocoa is good too(they say its the best).. but only if consumed dark to benefit from the antioxidants. So going with the calorie vs. antioxidants ratio, tea is your best bet.
- Orange Pekoe tea powder – 1 tsp
- Ginger – 1/2 tsp
- Cloves – 6 (adjust according to your palate)
- Honey – 1 tsp
- Boil 1.5 cups of water in a kettle with the tea powder.
- Place the cloves and ginger in a cup, pour the boiling water and cover the cup.
- Let it steep for 3 mins and filter into a cup.
- Mix in the honey and serve cold.